Buckle up and get ready for a taste explosion! This Whiskey Jack Rodeo chicken dish is sure to please. Who doesn’t love bacon, cheese and chicken. This amazing dish is complimented by our whiskey jack peppercorns as well as our cowboy rub. Get them here.
Recipe – (Whiskey Jack Rodeo Chicken With Redeye Sauce)
4 Boneless skinless Chicken breast
6 strips of cooked bacon
170 grams of Smoked Gouda cheese (shredded)
2 Tsp Whiskey Jack Smoked Black Peppercorns (ground)
6-8 Basil leaves (Chopped thinly)
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 475*f
2. Place the chicken on a large piece of plastic wrap, and place another piece overtop, use a meat mallet begin to gently pound the breasts as thin as you can without tearing the meat.
3. Slice each chicken breast into 3 equal strips lengthwise and season with salt and smoked pepper.
4. Starting from one end, place 15 grams (about a tbsp.) of cheese, a half strip of bacon and a pinch of basil leaves on chicken and roll up tightly.
5. Place sealed side down on a greased baking pan and rub with olive oil and more salt and Smoked Pepper and into oven for 10-12 minutes.
6. The high heat is to allow the meat to caramelize without overcooking, feel free to use your ovens broil setting in the last 2 minutes for more color.
7. Rest chicken before serving with Redeye Sauce.
4 egg yolks
125 grams melted butter
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1Tbsp Lemon juice
1Tbsp Smoking Gun Cowboy Rub
½ Tsp Whiskey Jack smoked peppercorns (ground)
(Optional) .5oz your favorite Whiskey
Hot water as needed.
1. Set up a pot with simmering water. That you can place a stainless steel bowl overtop.
2. Melt butter in the microwave, set aside.
3. in a stainless steel bowl separate 4 egg yolks. Add vinegar, lemon juice, Cowboy rub, pepper, and whiskey and whisk together.
4. Place bowl over simmering water and SLOWLY whisk in melted butter.
*if the sauce starts to get really shiny or start to split add a Tbsp. of hot water and keep whisking until all the butter is in*.
5. Adjust the sauce consistency with a little of the hot water if it’s too thick.
6. Add Salt to taste, serve with your favorite meat dishes.
If you enjoy this recipe write us a review on our Facebook Page and leave us a Like. We would love to hear from you!
If you want to try out this recipe using our one of a kind Peppercorns, then click the link below to shop.