Is your steak lacking a electrifying taste? In this article I will share with you a delicious peppercorn sauce that features our signature From the Vines Peppercorns. This amazing sauce will bring your steak to a whole new level, leaving you wanting more!
The Smoking Gun
Outback Peppercorn Sauce
2 Tbsp. Whole (From the vines) Smoked Peppercorns
2-4 Garlic cloves (chopped)
1tsp Canola oil
1.5L Beef broth (soon to be reduced to 1 cup of liquid)
1tsp Onion powder
175mls Heavy cream
3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1 Tbsp. Chopped parsley.
Resting Juices from 4 Steaks
1. Soak peppercorns in water for 24 hours prior to making sauce keep reserved liquid.
2. In a medium saucepan sauté, garlic until fragrant not brown, then add beef stock, onion powder and soaked peppercorns, keep pepper liquid to the side for now.
3. Simmer liquid 30-45 mins. on low heat until liquid has reduced to about 1 cup and peppercorns have softened somewhat.
4. Strain the sauce of the peppercorns and garlic, (but keep), and return to a simmer, next, whisk together cornstarch, cream and reserved Smoking gun peppercorn liquid. And slowly whisk into the beef broth. It should thicken to coat the back of a spoon.
5. Chop up the soaked peppercorns and add them back into the sauce, with steak resting juices, season with salt to taste.
*TIP* Sauce will seem very peppery by itself. Don’t season your steaks with pepper before grilling the sauce will bring that flavor to the party.
*TIP* if it is too peppery for your liking just don’t add the chopped pepper back into the sauce, there should be enough flavour from simmering in the liquid.
If you want to try out this recipe using our one of a kind Peppercorns, then click the link below to shop.