Try this exciting Grilled Yo Ho Ho Pirate Cod featuring our famous Yo Ho Ho Rum peppercorns. Serve this dish up with a delicious Caribbean salsa and a side of mashed sweet potatoes and some squash tossed in smoked pepper and honey. What more could you ask for!
Recipe – Grilled Yo Ho Ho Pirate Cod
• 6 ( 5 oz) portions whitefish
• 1 Tbsp. yohoho smoking gun smoked peppercorns (freshly cracked) • 5 Tbsp. Olive oil • 1 clove crushed garlic • 1 tbsp. ground allspice • 1 Tsp. ground ginger • 1 Tbsp. Sugar • ½ tsp. cinnamon and dried thyme • ½ oz spiced rum • ½ Tsp. Salt
• 1 ripe mango (diced)
• 1 Tsp. Smoking gun pepper freshly cracked • 1 green onion spig (minced) • 1 medium red pepper • 1 small jalapeno pepper (minced) • 1 lime (juice) • ¼ tsp. salt • 10 mint leaves (sliced finely)
1. To make salsa add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, mix well and allow to sit for maximum flavour.
2. Add fish and all other marinade ingredients to a glass bowl and mix well. Allow to marinate in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
3. Preheat Grill to max temp and make sure it is well cleaned and oiled , turn down to medium, wipe off excess marinate, and cook fish on each side for 3 minutes with the lid off.
4. Serve with mashed sweet potato, and shaved squash tossed in salt and pepper and honey.
If you enjoy this recipe write us a review on our Facebook Page and leave us a Like. We would love to hear from you!
If you want to try out this recipe using our one of a kind Peppercorns, then click the link below to shop.